****»

Friday, May 2, 2008

Cupcake cards

I'm ahead of myself, but that's a good thing right now. I'm making these for Princess' first birthday. I'm pleased with the way they are turning out. Here birthday isn't for another month & a half plus some days. I have a million other things on my plate so I need to get moving.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Supplies:
- plain cards
- muslin
- fabric for cupcake tops
- fabric for cupcake cups
- thread
- puffy paint (optional)
- yarn or other material for candle
- tissue paper for flame (optional)
- 2 coordinating colors of ribbon
- Liquid stitch

Cut muslin with pinking sheers to fit the size of your card. Draw & cut a pattern for your cupcake tops & cups. Trace & cut fabrics. I wanted the pleat look on the cups so I added lines with puffy paint. With the liquid stitch glue the tops & cups to the muslin. Glue your candle & flame on. Stitch (sewing machine or by hand) muslin to card down the sides of the front & back. Sewing machine would be quicker, but I liked the look of the hand stitch. Ask me if I still like the look when I am finished with the rest of the cards. Tie ribbon around the middle of the card. Add your party information or note to someone on the inside! Super quick & addicting. Now I can go get some of that much needed sleep!

0 comments: